As you know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to evolve. We appreciate all of your continued efforts in staying safe and healthy.
The health and wellness of our Progressive community has always been our first priority. Progressive Pediatric is an essential business providing important care for your family, and our services are still operating.
We’ve made a few changes to make sure our clients and families are safe:
- Allowing limited access to the building to reduce the amount of people congregating in our lobby, hallways, and other areas.
- Providing distance learning for our K-12 TLC students.
- Offering Telehealth therapy sessions as an alternative to coming onsite.
- Having staff meet the children outside for the check-in process.
- Checking temperatures and completing health screenings.
- Doing additional disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces.
- Washing children’s hands when they arrive.
We want to emphasize the everyday preventative actions that we all can take to stay healthy.
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Keep your child home when sick (with any illness).
- Minimize travel. This can pose an unnecessary risk. Travel increases your chances of getting and spreading COVID-19.
- Appropriately cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds or more.
- If exhibiting symptoms consistent with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), contact your physician.
For in-person services, staff will ask the following questions upon arrival and check the child’s temperature.
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 or higher, cough or shortness of breath in the last 48 hours?
If (YES), we cannot provide services until you are symptom free for 48 hours without the aid of medication.
- In the last 14 days, have you had any contact with someone;
- with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
- under investigation for COVID-19?
- who is ill with a respiratory illness?
Our management team will continue to monitor and meet as we gather additional information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Health, along with other authorities.
Some things are changing, but what will never change is Progressive Pediatric’s commitment to providing the highest standard of care for you and your family.
We wish you and your family well!
Safety is most important to us.
In being essential to the population of students with special needs we serve, we are moving forward with offering Summer Escape.