Summer Escape 2020
Safety is most important to us. In being essential to the population of students with special needs we serve, we are moving forward with offering Summer Escape.
We have made changes in line with The Florida Re-Opening Plan and recommendations from community leaders to keep our clients and families safe in light of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Limiting access to the building.
- Keeping groups limited to numbers recommended by The Florida Re-Opening Plan.
- Having staff meet the children outside for the check-in process.
- Checking temperatures and completing health screenings.
- Washing children's hands when they arrive.
- Doing additional disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces.
The Florida Re-Opening Plan can be found here:
Summer Escape is a summer camp for children and teens with special needs, between the ages of 5 and 21. With a staff trained in implementing individualized support systems, we are ready to tailor the experience to ensure every child has a summer worth remembering. The camp will have weekly sessions, with options for half-days and full-days, early drop off and late pick up. Every week will have an overall theme, and daily activities include music time, arts and crafts, dance parties, and so much more!
Camp runs June 1st – July 31st 2020
Check out some of our exciting visitors and themes from 2019
2020 summer camp weekly themes and activities:
Week 1: Aloha Campers/Adventure ( June 1st - June 5th)
Let the adventure begin!
Beach, seashells, pirates, Hawaii, grass skirts, eye patches, parrots, etc.
By Martha Day Zschock
Week 2: Superhero ( June 8th - June 12th)
Who is your hero?
Superman, capes, superpowers, everyday superheroes, Marvel, spiderman, wonder woman, etc.
By George O’Connor
Week 3: Plants, animals, farming ( June 15th - June 19th)
Bloom where you are planted!
Farm animals, Old MacDonald, growth, planting, gardening, flowers, etc.
If You Hold a Seed
By Elly Mackay
Week 4: Circus ( June 22nd - June 26th)
Come visit the circus!
Clowns, popcorn, tents, mimes, elephants, ringmasters, etc.
Last Night I Dreamed a Circus
By Maya Gottfried
Week 5: Around the world ( June 29th - July 3rd)
Adventure is out there!/Not all who wander are lost!
Adventure, diversity, travel, Mexico, China, France, Egypt, etc.
Off We Go To Mexico
By Laurie Krebs
Week 6: Under the sea ( July 6th - July 10th)
Every drop in the ocean counts!
Underwater, mermaids, fish, octopi, seashells, jellyfish, bubbles, little mermaid, etc.
Over in the Ocean
by Marianne Berkes
Week 7: Career/public service ( July 13th - July 17th)
Firefighters, police officers, EMT, safety, fire safety, career prep, etc.
Keeping You Safe
By Ann Owen
Week 8: Out of this world ( July 20th - July 24th)
Fly me to the moon!
Space, planets, moon, astronauts, Star Wars, stars, spaceships, exploring, etc.
By Tony Mitton
Week 9: Oh the places you’ll go/Dr. Suess ( July 27th - July 31st)
Oh the places you’ll go!
Dr. Seuss, adventure, hot air balloons, etc.
Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
By Dr. Seuss
How to register:
- 1. Simply print the registration packet off this page, then either bring it by in person, or send it digitally! The first week’s payment must be paid when submitting your registration!
- 2. Also, please download and fill out the camper profile form on this page. This will allow us to ensure your child has the best experience possible. If you have a copy of a current IEP, we would also love a copy of that! Any information you can give to help us tailor your child’s experience will be welcomed!
- Print off the camper supply list to ensure your child has everything they need for camp. we don’t provide any food due to the range of dietary restrictions we deal with, so send two snacks and a lunch every day for full days!
We’d love to have your child join us as we embark on a summer full of fun.
Files & Documents